If there’s one thing you should know about me, it’s that I’m a force to be reckoned when there’s something I want.
I want you to know this. Not that I’m:
- A Blogger
- An aspiring author
In between work, book-tubing, blogging, reading, writing, sipping copious (and dangerous) amounts of coffee and packing my life into two suitcases, I have had time to reflect on what I want this year and here it is:
- To set up a Youtube channel that talks about my everyday experience including dating and the (often) ridiculous situations I end up in;
- To continue to book-tube and collaborate with the magnificent Xina Hailey, fellow book-tuber, mentor and lifelong friend, and post a video every second Thursday from February 2017;
- To continue to interact with authors, support rising UK and Irish YA talent and chair panels and events wherever and whenever possible;
- To get an agent in 2017 for my debut LGBT YA title (keeping this one under wraps for now) and (fingers crossed) see it on my favourite bookshelves near and far (especially the lovely Queen’s Park Books);
- To be 100% unapologetic for who I am whether that be camp, feminine or otherwise; to listen to my head and follow my heart and own all of who I am so this year can be one of happiness and adventure;
- To try at least one new thing each month, whether that be a Rocky Road Hot Chocolate or climbing mountains;
- To diversify my blog and incorporate more personal experiences and cooking disasters (and triumphs) as well as the most beautiful books and round-ups each month;
- Include alt tags, where possible, to improve accessibility to my blog.
Here’s to 2017. Here's to us. Here's to:
|Adventures in N'awlins|
(and what looks like the Goblet of Fire).
|Californian sunsets in vertigo-inducing cable cars.|
|My new home this summer|
(not the rock - I'm not Ariel). Vancouver!
NYE celebrations with this beauty
(not the strange, photo-bombing guy).
|My beautiful cousins who brighten up my darkest of days.|
|Novel coffee ideas.|
|Fantastic debut authors like the fab|
Louise Gornall (Under Rose Tainted Skies).
|Sad little monkeys.|
|Being a werk-ing professional.|
|People that inspire.|
Left to right, Non Pratt, me,Siobhan Curham and Juno Dawson.
|Yes, more equality.|
|New beginnings as I underwent my operation|
to amend the scars left by my major surgeries and
owning my chronic illness.
|Flying across the Atlantic with my hero|
(and her stashed bag of popcorn).
|The cutest coffee you will ever see.|
|Bellinis and afternoon tea.|
|The three wise monks.|
|Long days and longer nights. Bless.|
|Business class (because you're worth it).|
|When a hero comes along...|
treat her to British Airways business class
all the way.
|Family and my best friend|
|More monkeys in Singapore.|
|Unexpected surprises with unexpected friends|
en route to Dublin for St Patrick's Day.
|Bookish dream teams <3 .="" td="">3>|
|Canadian book communities.|
|Being on top of the world.|
|Baby koalas (do Amazon deliver?).|
|Waving your claws in the air like you just don't care.|
|Rollercoasting by the coast.|
|Austin pride and my small-town Utopia.|
|Mam, stepping outside her comfort zone|
and loving it.
|The moments when you're too pregnant with food|
to give it your all.
|Putting things into perspective.|
|Book prizes and book addiction|
(Hey - there are far worse addictions).
|Beautiful art that inspired my book.|
|The goddess of wisdom.|
|This weird and wonderful human being: K-POP FTW.|
|Moments that steal our hearts|
and captivate the senses.
|The wonders closer to home.|
|That Christmas jumper I bought for Zach and stole.|
|Drunken moments where it seemed like a good idea|
to take the water faucet that fell off.
|The places we have yet to see.|
|Sunsets in para-para-paradise.|
|Fun in the Sun with Twin 1 and Twin 2.|
|Missing the mark on the "sexy American football player" look|
and becoming a zombie instead for Halloqween.
|My BFF's wedding (and I blend|
into the background. Literally).
|Finding beauty in the everyday ordinary.|
|Sink the Pink madness.|
|Drinking the original Singapore Sling.|
|Take-my-breath-away hotel room views.|
|Starfruit juice for the star-in-training.|
|This cute little critter.|
|Being exactly who you want to be|
and not who people expect you to be.